Monday, August 18, 2008

Springfield Clinic In Living Colors


Springfield, Illinois' Springfield Clinic

I believe the new Springfield Clinic overpass is something you either grow to hate, or love. It certainly changes the character of the neighborhood.



Springfield, Illinois' Springfield Clinic Blood Red

I am confused about my feelings, because I started off hating it.


Springfield, Illinois' Springfield Clinic Feeling Blue

But on a beautiful blue sky day the structure actually looks good.


Springfield, Illinois' Springfield Clinic Night Orange

In fact I believe I see what the architects were hoping for.


Springfield, Illinois' Springfield Clinic Vampire Purple

A mix of sky and blue tinted glass. And an arch which is classical, and functional built within the modern minimal glass extension.

Odd, but neat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is just a death trap for poor birds who will unwittingly fly into its glass.

ANNA-LYS said...

BUT, windows aren't smart in the future when we shall keep the heat out of buildings instead of the opposite. Better, to look at buildings in Africa as a model of future design = small small windows to keep the sun out.

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories