Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Daughter Skips Mother's Funeral

POST FUNERAL CALL

Sister: -crying- It's just that now that mother has died I don't want this to be the end of the family.

Brother: Well, I agree with you there. Mother wouldn't have wanted that.

Sister: I wanted to come to mother's funeral, but we just couldn't. I don't want you to hate me for that.

Brother: I don't hate you. In fact I added a telephone number to my Internet Phone with your long distance area code.

Sister: What?

Brother: I created a phone number so that you can call me anytime you want without long distance charges. It's unlimited too, so we can talk for hours if we want.

Sister: Oh, really?

Brother: Yes.

Sister: Hmmm.

Brother: So here's the number. I made sure to check, and it's a local call for you. Call me anytime, day or night.


ONE YEAR LATER

Not one incoming call placed to brother's Internet Phone line from sister.

Brother's Spouse: Honey, we're paying five dollars extra each month for that phone line, and your sister has never called even once, can't we get rid of it?

Brother: Yes dear, cancel it.

No comments:

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories