Monday, April 23, 2007

Buying A Used Car - The Liar

Buying A Used Car - The Liar!

Last week I called Dave of the11thhour up, and told him I had purchased a used car. It seemed too good to be true. The auto was in excellent shape, checked out on CarFax.Com, and was going for a thousand dollars under the Kelly's Blue Book price.

We were told there was only one hitch - a lean that needed to be paid off.

The owner even brought the car over, and we parked it in our garage for the evening.

The next day I simply had to show up at the dealership, and payoff the lean, and a little more - and the title would be mine.

It quickly dawned on me that I didn't want to pay off someone's lean unless I knew for certain I had the title in my name - BEFORE handing over any checks.

And so I called the dealership, and was told that they didn't hold the lean.

I then called the real lean holder, and discovered that the person selling the car wasn't the owner!

That's right - the woman's mother actually owned the car.

Needless to say the car still sits out along a major road here in Springfield, Illinois awaiting someone stupid enough to give this young woman some money.

NEXT POST - Buying A Used Car - The Thief

No comments:

email jp

  • jeromeprophet@gmail.com

copyright

archive

visitors

evworld

Slashdot

Wired News: Top Stories